This beautiful antique pendant is far from being mass-produced, it is hand-crafted in warm old 9-carat gold in a graceful openwork quatrefoil design. Rare Dermatoid garnets that glow with an intense grass green sparkle and rival the brilliance of emeralds take pride of place.
Flower motifs decorate each lobe of the delicate design, the centre garnet is claw set and a darling little matching garnet drop dangles from the pendant's base. The top of the pendant has a tall slender oval bale so you can happily attach your favorite gold chains, it would also look fab worn as a choker on a narrow ribbon if you wanted to vary the look. Please note the chain shown is not included.
A gorgeous dainty pendant hailing from the Victorian early Edwardian period and an elegant way to connect yourself with 19th and early 20th century Art Nouveau fashions!
MATERIALS: 9ct gold
GEMSTONE: 2 Demantoid garnets tested with the Presidium Gemstone Tester, 5.6mm diameter (approx 1/2ct each)
MEASUREMENTS: 1-7/8" (4.5cm) tall measured from the top of the bale to the bottom of the drop, 1" (2.5cm) wide, bale 7.5x4.5mm
WEIGHT: lightweight at 1.7 grams
HALLMARKS: marked with a partially obscured '9ct' stamp on bale
DATE: circa 1900, Edwardian/Victorian Art Nouveau
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition with light wear in keeping with age but nothing untoward, please see the photos.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold, Green Dermatoid Garnets.