Romantic, beautifully detailed early Victorian silver bookchain necklace circa 1840. Neoclassical in style this collar necklace is decorated in classical inspired architectural motifs the links form symmetrical rosettes and pillars.
The necklace fastens with a large spring loaded bolt ring that has a little nub on the side to anchor the ring in the perfect position on the chain. Highly unusual and very attractive this versatile antique necklace has enough presence for wear on its own as a signature piece or is equally at home when worn with large lockets and pendants.
Superb design and quality befitting a treasure around 180 years old and bound to bring joy to its new owner!
PLEASE NOTE: The locket shown is for display only and available for purchase separately.
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver, tested
ERA: Early Victorian 1837-1855
MEASUREMENTS: 17-1/2" long (45mm) 3/4 wide (20mm). The bolt ring measures 19mm.
WEIGHT: 49 grams
CONDITION: Excellent condition with no real flaws just gentle signs of wear to be expected from a piece of jewelry this age. The chain links have free movement with no signs of damage or repair. The bolt ring is heavy duty and in perfect working order and holds securely. This necklace has been very well cared for over the years.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.