Circa 1850, this wonderful antique English sterling silver bookchain necklace is collar length and beautifully designed. Neoclassical in style, wide silver panels chased with lines are flanked by embossed beaded columns with the back left plain. The necklace terminates with a large spring loaded bolt ring that has a little nub on the side to anchor the ring in the perfect position on the chain. Subtle yet far from plain this attractive and versatile Victorian necklace has enough presence for wear on its own as a signature piece, or is equally at home when worn with large Victorian lockets and pendants. Lovely quality befitting a treasure over 150 years old and bound to bring joy to its new owner!
PLEASE NOTE: The locket shown is for display purposes only but available for purchase separately.
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver, tested ERA: Victorian, circa 1850
MEASUREMENTS: 18" long (46mm) 3/4 wide (20mm). The bolt ring measures 16mm.
WEIGHT: 46 grams
CONDITION: Very condition with minor signs of surface wear to be expected from a piece of jewelry this age. The chain links have free movement, there is a very small tear at the edge of one of the panels and one of the small silver beads is missing which is barely noticeable and doesn't affect the durability or wear of the necklace .
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.