Darling little Charles Horner brooch. It features a deep purple paste (glass) amethyst in a fancy scalloped sterling silver setting. This antique brooch would make an elegant cravat or necktie pin for the gents. There is a lot of room behind the sturdy pin back to easily accommodate pleating. Perfect for the wedding groom.
Measures 1 inch across and 3/4" deep. Stamped on the back "CH" with Chester hallmarks for 1907. Condition is excellent and a high quality piece.
Charles Horner (1837–1896) was an English jeweller and founder of the Halifax jewellery business Charles Horner of Halifax. He was in the forefront of the British Arts and Crafts movement during the Art Nouveau era and his pieces are treasured especially those bearing Chester hallmarks.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.