Stunning 14K white gold diamond filigree engagement ring dating to the late Edwardian early Art Deco era circa 1920. An absolute iconic ring of the period with fine quality old cut antique diamonds that sparkle like crazy, it is sublime!
The ring is accompanied by an appraisal certificate reporting a replacement value of $2200 United States dollars. The report is from an independant US jeweler with no connection or vested interest in our shop.
This ring immediately caught our eye, a large old cut round diamond is set into a hexagon shaped and pierced mount. The principal diamond is flanked between two side melee diamonds for accent. The three gemstones are mounted in a high basket setting in the midst of swirls and columns of filigree. The filigree shoulders give way to a flat band carved in a floral pattern to the top and bottom. An exquisite ring that looks divine paired with a slender platinum band.
Diamonds: Center, old cut round cut, approx 5.2 mm and calculated in setting as 0.50 carats. Two single cut side melee diamonds at .015 carats each. Diamonds are bright white and near colorless at G/H with medium good clarity at SI2
No hallmarks, professionally tested and assessed as 14 carat white gold.
Weighs 2.01 grams.
Condition: Excellent with no issues and just the slightest loss of crispness to the leaf motifs at the sides.
Size: UK - J-1/2; US - 5; EU - 49. Sizing available for an additional fee. Measures approx 8.7 mm top to bottom x 10.8mm across to the edges of the melee diamonds. Sits 6.6mm above finger. Band 2.5mm at the sides, tapering to a slender flat 0.85 mm band as is typical for rings of the time.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.