A beautiful antique Edwardian silver curb chain bracelet with a heart padlock clasp complete with a real keyhole.
The padlock is stamped with assay marks for 1908, the chain is stamped throughout the links and the soldered end rings with the British lion passant hallmark for sterling. Extensive hallmarking on chains is always a sign of age and quality.
At 7" long this is a heavy for size bracelet, the curb links are solid (not hollow), the oval end rings have fixed rings attached to the safety chain and the heart padlock is a nice generous size. The padlock opens by depressing the little lever on the hasp and it clicks closed securely to fasten.
A fabulous Edwardian love heart bracelet, the perfect addition the your antique jewellery collection, timeless and classic!
During the sentimental Victorian era these bracelets were often given to a sweetheart and they became a popular and enduring engagement gift. Please note the antique bracelet box is not included.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver, throughout
HALLMARKS: chain stamped 'lion passant' every links, padlock stamped, 'lion passant', 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'i' for 1908, makers mark 'C' 'T' also stamped 'lion passant' on hasp
MEASUREMENTS: 7" (20cm) long end to end. Curb links 6x8mm and 1.85mm. Padlock 1" (2.3cm) tall, 5/8" (1.5cm) wide
WEIGHT: 21 grams
DATE: Edwardian, circa 1908
CONDITION: in excellent condition with light surface scratches and wear as expected in an antique piece. The padlock is in perfect working order
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.