Circa 1900, this elegant antique Edwardian necklace is made from fine silver filigree worked into a pretty floral design and it boasts a superb tomato red coral cabochon set into a beautifully decorative bezel.
Very much in the Art Nouveau jewellery design of the period the sassy square-shaped pendant has loops at each side that are attached to the original fine chain, the chain is soldered at the terminals and at the clasp so you can wear this delicate antique necklace without worry. Just gorgeous, an elegant way to connect yourself with early 20th century fashion!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
GEMSTONE: natural Mediterranean coral, measuring 14x10mm
MEASUREMENTS: pendant a tad under 1" (2.3cm) square, necklace 16-1/2" (43cm) end to end
MARKS: none, acid tested and verified sterling
WEIGHT: 5.2 grams
DATE: circa 1900 Victorian/Edwardian
CONDITION: in excellent condition with no damage to the delicate silver filigree work and the coral free of chips and cracks. The silver has a beautiful grey antique patination which adds a lovely dimension to the design. The chain has no broken links and the bolt ring clasp is in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Natural Undyed Mediterranean Red Coral.