Circa 1800, this beautiful antique natural South Sea baroque pearl necklace features a single strand of chubby oval pearls and a silver pendant boasting table cut diamonds and amazing "tooth" shaped pearls.
The necklace comprises of a strand of pearls that fasten with a silver bolt ring clasp. The centre is adorned in a silver pendant inlaid in table cut diamonds and set with long tapered pearls that are pegged into silver cone shaped cups. A single gold bead accents the top of the pendant. All the pearls are exquisite, completely natural and a lustrous creamy shade of ivory.
The pearl strand has been restrung with silk necklace thread at some point during its long life, all the pearls are beautifully matched in both colour and lustre so it is possible the strand and pendant are original to each other. The silk is hand knotted in between each pearl and it is reinforced with silver French wire at each side of the clasp.
Feminine and beautifully proportioned this Georgian South Sea pearl necklace is a true antique treasure and heirloom worthy!
MATERIALS: sterling silver, gold
GEMSTONES: necklace strand: 45 natural South Sea baroque pearls approx. 10x4mm, pendant 6 old table cut diamonds, 6 "tooth" shaped natural South Sea pearls graduating from 12x5mm to 9x5mm
DATE: Georgian, circa 1800
MEASUREMENTS: Pendant 1-3/8 inches (approx. 35x35mm). Necklace length 18-1/2 inches (47cm) with the pearls measuring 10x4mm.
WEIGHT: 18 grams
HALLMARKS: clasp stamped 'sterling'
CONDITION: Given age we consider this necklace to be in beautiful antique condition, please see photos. There is a tiny area of loss to the very top of one of the dog tooth pearls where it is set into the mount but it is stable and doesn't move. The silk cord shows no sign of damage or deterioration.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Natural South Sea Pearls, Table Cut Diamonds, Sterling Silver, Gold.