Circa 1830 this exquisite Georgian cluster ring is crafted in 18ct rosy gold with a large royal blue baguette cut sapphire surrounded by a halo of 12 bright white rose cut sapphires.
The natural stones are set in silver which is typical for the period and they are open backed which adds even more to the incredible sparkle. The baguette cut sapphire is an intense deep blue and impressively large with an estimated weight of nearly 4 carats. The rose cut white sapphires are transparent and colourless with all the brilliance of the whitest diamonds (any yellowing is camera reflection) and they are roughly 1/5 carat (0.20ct) each. The stones are measured within the confines of the setting.
Superb quality, a gold curved basket gallery elevates the dazzling gemstones and substantial D-shaped band (which may be a later replacement) with knife edge shoulders completes this stunning antique ring. A fabulous and rare gem and only becoming rarer as pieces of this calibre are becoming more and more scarce. This exquisite ring would be an amazing addition to any antique jewellery collection and would make a jarringly beautiful engagement ring for a bride with an old soul, heirloom worthy!
MATERIALS: 18ct gold, silver, acid tested
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested: 1 blue sapphire, baguette cut approx. 9.7mm tall, 6.3 wide, 5.6mm deep, roughly 4 carats. 12, white sapphires, rose cut round approx. 3.1mm diameter, 0.20 carats each (total carat weight of white sapphires 2.4 carats)
MEASUREMENTS: the face of the ring measures 5/8" (1.7cm) tall, 1/4" (1.5cm) wide, sits 6mm from the finger, band 2.1mm
SIZE: UK K-1/2, US 5.5, EU 50.25 with sizing available for an additional fee
WEIGHT: 3 grams
DATE: Georgian, early Victorian, circa 1830
CONDITION: given a 200 year old age the ring is in excellent condition with expected signs of antique age but relatively little wear, please see the photos. The ring is quite solidly constructed and surprisingly robust, the gemstones are damage free and securely set and the gold band is nice and thick.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SIPPING on all orders worldwide. Orders are despatched next business day and sent tracked and insured.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 18ct gold, natural blue sapphire, natural white sapphires, sterling silver.