These adorable antique coffee bean earrings are carved from Scottish banded agate and are a lovely example of Victorian "lucky" bean jewellery.
The agate drops are semi-translucent banded in golden grown shades. Subtle but far from plain the drops suspend from dainty gold on sterling silver hooks. If you love antique minimalist earrings these may be the ones for you!
Small and lightweight the earrings measure 1" (3cm) from top to bottom with the beans measuring 1.2 cm in diameter. Total weight of both earrings is 2.7 grams. The hooks are stamped '925' for sterling silver.
A very cute pair of antique earrings, effortlessly wearable and bound to bring good luck! The bean is an ever present jewellery motif in Victorian jewellery symbolising longevity and fertility. For centuries bean seed pods had been carried over the Atlantic from the Americas and Caribbean, eventually arriving on European shores. Because they survived the long and perilous journey from distant shores and still managed to grow they were considered lucky indeed!
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Scottish Banded Agate, Sterling Silver, Gold.