Dating to the early 20th century and rare to find in a set of 10, these antique large silver hoop Omani headdress ornaments were worn threaded through a headband and used to suspend a plethora of heavy silver pendants that framed the face of high status tribal Bedouin women.
These days these very large hoops are often sold in pairs as earrings but they have a very large gauge so aren't really practical for wear in the unstretched ear lobe.
There are 10 hoops/rings each heavily constructed in 900 or higher sterling silver and we have acid tested several of them to verify. The rings are beautifully handcrafted and each is unique with no two exactly identical. They are decorated in lots of silver granulation and wirework in an almost snake like design. Three of the rings appear to be slightly less 'sharp' in decoration as the others and they are a little larger and heavier which is and indication of their hand wrought creation by different hands.
All the rings are in very, very good condition with no sign of any undue wear and damage, they are all tarnished in varying degrees and we have not attempted to clean or polish them.
DIMENSIONS: each ring measures approx. 2-1/4" (5.5cm) by 2" (5cm) and 4mm thick or slightly larger
WEIGHT: combined weight is 267 grams
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 900 silver.