Dating to around 1910 and European in origin this gorgeous lapel pin is beautifully ornamented with natural coral gemstones. Set in fine silver filigree worked into a superb floral design the tomato red coral provides a dramatic contrast framed against the icy white of the silver wire-work.
In tip-top condition with no breaks in the filigree this brooch fastens securely with an early barrel shaped safety clasp. Slight colour variation in the stones as you might expect in natural coral.
A fabulous way to grace your lapel with a pop of colour this festive season and an elegant way to connect yourself with early 20th century fashion!
MATERIALS: 800 silver
GEMSTONE: natural (undyed) red Mediterranean coral, centre stone approx. 7mm, side stones 4mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: 2-1/8" (5.5cm) long, 5/8" (1.5cm) wide
HALLMARKS: stamped '800' on the back
WEIGHT: 5.7 grams
DATE: circa 1910 Edwardian
CONDITION: in excellent antique condition with no damage to the delicate silver filigree work and the coral free of chips and cracks, the clasp in good working order
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Natural Red Coral.