Elegantly proportioned this Edwardian silver Albert watch chain is stamped with a British lion passant for sterling on every link, a sign of a high quality antique chain.
The chain has solid silver curb links that graduate in size and it has a t-bar, dog-clip and a beautifully decorative engraved garter belt silver fob with a puffy shield cartouche in the centre.
The chain can be worn as originally intended (attached to a pocket watch) or it can be wrapped around the wrist twice and worn as a bracelet.
A timeless favourite this classic silver Albert chain is a fab way to bring elegant Edwardian style into your twenty-first century wardrobe! Great for those gents seeking refined silver accessories!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: links graduate from 9x7mm to 6x5mm and approx. 1.8mm thick. The length of the chain from end of the dog-clip to the end of the fob is 17" (43cm), the fob drop length is 4" (10cm). The T-bar measures 33mm and the dog clip 21x8mm. The fob measures 1-1/2" (4cm) high and 1" (2.5cm) wide
WEIGHT: 31.8 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped lion passant on every curb link. The t-bar is stamped lion passant & date letter 'L' for 1911, the dog-clip is stamped lion passant, date letter 'M' and makers mark 'WWC'. The fob has a full set of obscured British silver hallmarks which we can't read.
DATE: circa 1911, Edwardian
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition with expected surface wear but nothing untoward, please see photos, the clip is in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of distinctive and unique jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.