A delightfully feminine Edwardian sterling silver Canterbury Cross fob, this piece was once worn on a lady's watch chain but she's now a pendant which you can adore and wear daily.
With good clear hallmarks for 1911 this charming Celtic style cross is beautifully engraved in a lovely floral pattern of forget-me-nots. A very decorative piece it has lovely cut-out accents with a double bale at the top connected to a thick D-shaped jump ring and then a large jump so it hangs perfectly. A gently domed cartouche in the centre means that you could choose to engrave this piece for a personal touch!
Crosses in every shape and form were a very popular jewellery motif in Victorian and Edwardian Britain and this one is a particularly pretty example. A very sweet piece of antique jewellery and a classic amulet!
The pendant can be purchased with or without the new sterling silver necklace chain. Our chains are made in Italy and are fine quality. Please note the 'Albertina' bracelet shown is not included but is available for purchase separately.
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: stands 2" (5cm) tall measured from the top of the jump ring to the bottom, the round cross part measures 1-1/4" (3cm) diameter. The jump ring at the very top is 7mm
WEIGHT: without chain 7.5 grams, with chain 10.4 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'lion passant' for sterling silver, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter gothic 'M' for 1911. Also stamped 'S.Bros' makers mark for Sydenham Brothers a manufacturing jewellers located in Birmingham's historic jewellery quarter
DATE: Edwardian dated 1911
CONDITION: the pendant is in very, very good antique condition with minor wear, tarnish and light surface scratches in keeping with age. Please see the photos but ignore the strange distortions and discoloured spots on the silver, this piece has a high polish and is very reflective!
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone! All of our jewellery is sympathetically cleaned and polished and ready for you to wear and enjoy.
- FREE SIPPING WORLDWIDE. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking and insurance
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.