A beautiful pair of 1920's/30's antique sterling silver and paste "diamond" flower earrings hailing from the Art Deco period.
Super quality these cluster earrings are a screw back style and feature beautifully cut antique paste stones set into fluted cup cake silver settings that are stamped with the design patent number "483401" on the backs.
Used in jewellery since Roman times paste is a heavy very transparent lead glass that simulates all the fire and brilliance of real gemstones because of its high indices of refraction and strong dispersion. In 1758 Viennese goldsmith Joseph Strasser invented a colourless paste that could be cut into facets and it rivalled the sparkle of genuine diamonds; the cut paste stones became known as Strass stones. Good paste jewellery is an absolute joy!
The face of the earrings measure 1/2" (1.5cm) in diameter and weigh 3.4 grams in total. They are marked 'SILVER' on the back of the screws.
In lovely antique condition, with minimal light wear and signs of use as to be expected, please see the photos. The screws work perfectly and fasten securely. A gorgeous pair of antique paste earrings, perfect for the wedding bride or those seeking authentic Art Deco jewellery!
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Paste.