Beautifully crafted and super quality antique style silver watch chain curb bracelet with a sweetly engraved heart padlock clasp bearing Queen Elizabeth II's 1970s jubilee hallmark.
A good length for a larger wrist measuring a full 8.25 inches long the top of the padlock flips up to open the bracelet and it has the benefit of an extra long safety chain that adds to its decorative charm.
These English sweetheart bracelets were a popular and enduring engagement gift with the Victorians and they have never gone out of style. Perfect for stacking or for wearing as a favorite signature piece.
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver
MEASUREMENTS: 8.25 inches ( 21cm) end to end for the chain with the padlock measuring 17mm from top to bottom. The chain links are 9x6mm. WEIGHT: 20 grams
HALLMARKS: Bracelet, leopards head for London, Elizabeth's head, date letter 'C' 1977 and makers mark 'F.Ld.' The padlock is stamped lion passant, date letter 'A' for 1975 and 'MJ Ld' makers mark.
DATE: Circa 1970s
CONDITION: Excellent with no flaws, the lock is in perfect working order and closes with a satisfying click. Beautiful bracelet, fit to be treasured!
Beautifully crafted fine quality Victorian 9 carat solid gold chunky curb chain bracelet with a heart padlock clasp. This English bracelet has the lovely pale rose gold hue of antique gold and each and every link is stamped with the old '9C' hallmark, always a sign of a high quality in antique chains. The padlock is a later addition.
During the sentimental Victorian era these bracelets were often given to a sweetheart and they became a popular and enduring engagement gift. They have never gone out of style and remain just as desirable today.
MATERIALS: 9ct gold
MEASUREMENTS: The bracelet measures 8" long (approx 20cm) and 9mm wide with the links 9x10mm and 2.5mm thick. The padlock measures 7/8" high by 5/8" wide. The safety chain measures 2-1/4"
HALLMARKS: Stamped '9C' for 9ct gold on each link of the chain and the end rings. Stamped on padlock 'crown-375', leopards head for London, date letter 'P' for 1975 and maker 'ASJ'
WEIGHT: 17.5 grams.
DATE: 1880, Victorian for the bracelet, 1975 for the padlock clasp
CONDITION: Excellent condition with the clasp in perfect working order. No key is required to open the padlock, the clasp is simply pushed in to flip up and it snaps tightly closed to secure.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.