An elegant solid 9ct gold antique compass fob perfect for wear as a pendant.
This is a fairly large size fob with a compass on each side that have slightly different dials. The gold setting has the lovely rosy hue that you see with antique gold and there is a large oval gold jump ring that will accommodate most sizes or necklace chains and will happily attach to a dog clip if you wanted to wear it on a pocket watch chain.
The fob is in good antique condition with signs of age and wear, a little aged discoloration on the dials which is typical in these antique compasses and to be expected. The thick crystal covers have minor surface nicks, please see photos. The compass directionals fully functional and highly sensitive freely swinging with the slightest movement.
A very nice quality piece and perfect for wearing alone as a signature piece or layering with other antique pendants. We have added an complimentary rose gold plated sterling silver 18" (46cm) chain for immediate wear.
MATERIALS: 9ct gold, acid tested
SIZE: 1-1/2" (3.5cm) high (drop) measured with the jump ring, 1" (2.6cm) wide, 78mm deep
WEIGHT: 10.5 grams (pendant weight)
HALLMARKS: None, acid tests to 9ct
DATE: circa 1880, Victorian
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewelry. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog