A fabulous Victorian black branch coral pendant mounted in sterling silver. Super cute it really does look like a lady's boot so the most has been made of the coral's natural form!
The pendant suspends from a sterling silver split ring so it is wonderfully versatile and can be worn on a necklace chain, pocket watch chain or you could attach it to a swivel clip.
To the Victorians branch coral was regarded as a protection against bad luck, possibly because of its resemblance to the chicken's wishbone!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
GEMSTONE: natural coral
MEASUREMENTS: coral slightly under 1-1/2" (3.8cm) measured from the top of the ring and 3/4" (2cm) measured at the widest point. Split ring 7mm diameter
DATE: circa, 1880 Victorian
CONDITION: In very good antique condition with expected signs of age and slight surface wear. We see no damage to the coral just growth lines and natural inclusions.
WEIGHT: 2.4 grams
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, with you in mind. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog