A must have accessory for the dapper gent this antique Victorian era sterling silver napkin clip is used to protect the shirt and tie from embarrassing food stains.
Fully hallmarked for the year 1900 this napkin clip was a very fashionable gents accessory in the Victorian age, their use declined as dress codes became more relaxed but they are still a sought after item for formal occasions when you want to dress to impress!
Lovely quality in heavy gauge sterling silver the clip is hand-engraved in a beautiful rose pattern. It has a silver ring that slides up to open it so you can insert the napkin. The ring slides down to secure it. The hook at the top is then popped over the front of the collar or through a button hole or tie knot.
The clip measures 1-1/2" (3.5cm) long and weighs 5.8 grams. It is hallmarked 'lion passant' for Sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'a' for 1900 and maker's mark 'GEW' for George Edwin Walton Ltd
This Victorian napkin clip remains in lovely antique condition with a little light surface wear in keeping with age. For your reference we have included a photo that shows how napkin clips are worn.
A stylish suit accessory full of old world charm, perfect for a wedding or other formal occasion when you want to adorn your attire and it would make a unique gift for a special guy in your life!
At Mercy Madge we offer quality antique and vintage jewellery sourced in Great Britain. Each piece is selected by hand and special. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone! All of our pieces are professionally cleaned and polished and ready to wear or give as a gift.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £125/$150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling silver.