A beautiful antique Victorian silver curb chain bracelet with a heart padlock clasp complete with a real keyhole. The padlock is stamped with assay marks for 1892 and the chain is stamped throughout the links with the lion passant for sterling, extensive hallmarking is always a sign of good quality.
The bracelet links are graduated and the pretty padlock is a lovely chubby heart shape with an engraved accent line, it has a ring on the side where the safety chain threads through, a lovely little decorative touch that adds to the charming appeal. The padlock opens by depressing the little lever on the hasp and it clicks closed to fasten.
A fabulous Victorian jewel, a perfect addition the your antique jewellery collection, timeless and classic! During the sentimental Victorian era these bracelets were often given to a sweetheart and they became a popular and enduring engagement gift. Please note the antique bracelet box is not included.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver, throughout.
MEASUREMENTS: 8" (20cm) long, 6.5mm wide at the largest link, padlock 1" (2.3cm) tall, 5/8" (1.5cm) wide, safety chain 2-5/8" (7cm) long
WEIGHT: 15 grams
HALLMARKS: chain stamped 'lion passant' (worn) on curb links, padlock stamped, 'lion passant', 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'S' for 1892, makers mark 'J.B's' also stamped 'lion passant' on hasp and side
DATE: Victorian dated 1892
CONDITION: very, very good condition with signs of age, faint surface scratches and light wear as expected in an antique piece, please see the photos. The padlock is in perfect working order
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $200. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.