A darling little Victorian sterling silver sweetheart brooch with a domed top that is hand-engraved in an ivy pattern and set with a little natural pearl.
A pretty pie crust scalloped border frames the outer edge accented in silver beads. The clinging ivy symbolised everlasting love and affection to the sentimental Victorians so these charming little brooches were often given as love tokens to sweethearts and wives.
The brooch is hollow so it is puffy and dimensional, it has a sturdy pin back with a t-hinge and c-clasp that is in perfect working order.
If you are looking for an elegant antique piece that will lift your lapel out of the doldrums then this may be the one for you. A sweet sentimental silver accent accessory good for the gents and the ladies.
MATERIALS: sterling silver
SIZE: 1-1/4" (3cm) diameter
HALLMARK: none, acid tested and verified sterling
WEIGHT: 3.1 grams
DATE: 1880's, Victorian
CONDITION: In very good condition with light surface wear and minor signs of use as expected in an antique piece, please see photos.
At Mercy Madge we curate antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.