A beautiful heavy duty antique Victorian sterling silver double Albert pocket watch chain with a very decorative English Tudor rose fob engraved for 1928. This fabulous chunky chain has graduated curb links with a long fob drop, it has a dog clip at one end and a t-bar at the other.
The rose shaped fob has leaf engraving around the center and is engraved "ROHS J. Redfern 1928". The chain is a solid gauge and good quality with some links stamped with the lion passant. At 16-1/2" long it has a good drape for wear with a pocket watch, perfect as a short necklace or wrap around the wrist and wear as a bracelet. This chain has a marvelous presence however worn!
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: 16-1/2 inches (42cm) end to end. The clip side measures 12-1/2" to the fob drop, with the t-bar end measuring 4". The fob drop length is 3". The links graduate in size from approx. 10x8mm to 7x5mm. The fob measures 28mm in diameter, t-bar 38mm long, clip 23x8mm
HALLMARKS: Lion passant stamped throughout chain, t-bar stamped lion passant, date letter 'u' for 1894, makers mark 'HP'. Fob stamped lion passant, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'B' for 1926 and makers mark B&W
WEIGHT: 48 grams
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition with minimal wear, the dog clip is in perfect working order and fastens securely.
DATE: chain Victorian, circa 1890, fob Art Deco, circa 1920
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £125/$150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.