An impressive large size English antique horseshoe brooch rendered in sterling silver. A traditional Victorian good luck token, the horseshoe is believed to bring good fortune and offer protection to the wearer, it was a popular jewelry motif of the era.
The brooch is repousse (hollow) and realistically detailed down to the nail heads. It measures 1-1/2" high and wide (40x40mm) and it weighs 4.6 grams. A tension pin stem with a T-hinge and C-clasp completes this charming brooch that could equally be worn as an impressive cravat or stock pin.
Excellent condition with no dents or dings and a beautiful antique patina to the silver. No hallmarks, acid tests at 925 sterling silver.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique jewelry in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.