A fabulous 1930s cocktail ring with a stepped geometric concave profile that just screams Art Deco.
Crafted in 835 silver, a silver standard commonly used in Germany before the advent of World War 2, the ring is pave set on the front with rose cut marcasites. The stones are held in by tiny prongs and the wide gem set front graduates to slim band at the back.
None of the marcasite stones are missing which is a testament to the degree of excellence and durability seen in German marcasite jewellery. Super quality as you would expect, reminiscent of the Theodor Fahrner rings of the era and just a few years away from being a true 100 year old antique.
All in all a gorgeous ring, iconic of the era and it will arrive in the black octagonal ring box shown, perfect for safekeeping or gift giving!
MATERIALS: 835 silver
GEMSTONES: marcasite (iron pyrite)
MEASUREMENTS: Width at front 17mm sloping to a 2mm band width at the back, marcasite set front measures 8.5mm
SIZE: Size 6 US/M UK/52 EU
WEIGHT: 3.9 grams
HALLMARKS: hallmark worn, stamped inside 'A 835' in an oval and an initialed makers mark, looks like a mirrored 'RR'
CONDITION: Excellent antique condition, beautifully polished and no noted flaws
At Mercy Madge we offer a distinctive and unique collection of antique and vintage jewelry. Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The jewelry pieces we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's policy section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over $150. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.