An exquisite Art Nouveau/Arts & Crafts sterling silver leaf pendant with a natural freshwater pearl drop.
Superb quality with an incredible level of skilled workmanship this unique cast pendant is in the form of a water lily and amazingly lifelike with every leaf vein visible. A beautiful baroque river pearl dangles from the base and it suspends from an elegant curb chain.
This pendant has a built-in double bale on the reverse for wear as a pendant and it also a pin back should you wish to wear it as a brooch. This piece is stamped with a makers mark on the back that looks like 'aa' or 'ee' but we are unable to identify it.
A fabulous silver jewel, iconic of Art Nouveau design, just gorgeous!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
GEMSTONE: Natural pearl, 6.8mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: pendant 1-1/4" wide (3.2cm), 1-1/2" (4cm) long, chain 16" (41cm)
MARKS: pendant stamped '925' and a makers mark, chain stamped 'sterling' on the clasp
DATE: estimated to be circa 1910
WEIGHT: pendant and chain 8.5 grams total
CONDITION: Condition is excellent with no wear to the pearl and the pin back in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Natural River Pearl.