A wonderful antique Art Nouveau silver brooch designed in a shield shape with a stylised moth or butterfly against an oxidised background. Although not signed this is a high quality heavy gauge piece reminiscent of the Archibald Knox Cymric designs for Liberty of London. The brooch is inscribed "Margaret West" on the back.
MATERIALS: Sterling silver, tested.
MEASUREMENTS: 1-1/2 inches across and 1-3/8 inches high (approx. 40x35mm)
DATE: 1900-Art Nouveau
WEIGHT: 12 grams
CONDITION: Excellent with a beautiful steely grey antique patina to the silver. The pin back is sturdy and in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.