Sublime art nouveau silver and enamel necklace pendant by William Hair Haseler for Liberty and Co., London.
Dating to around 1900 this British arts and crafts era pendant is as lovely as it is rare and takes the form of a Manta Ray fish. We have never seen this form before so a singular treat!
Crafted in sterling silver the fan shaped pendant is decorated in white and iridescent blue enamelling against a planished silver background giving a sublime underwater effect. A rare free form Mississippi river pearl that is feather shaped is suspended from the bottom and the top is accented with a triangular bail also enamelled in blue and white.
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver, enamel, freshwater pearl
MEASUREMENTS: 2 inches high, 1-1/4 inches across (approx. 45x30mm)
MARKS: Stamped 'silver' and 'WHH' for William Hair Haseler the silver manufacturing partner for Liberty & Co., London
CIRCA: 1900 WEIGHT: 4.5 grams
CONDITION: Excellent condition with no enamel loss and the pearl looks to be intact, the "feathering" is natural rather than chipping. To say this pendant is lovely is an understatement and it is as desirable today as it was over 100 years ago, highly collectible and heirloom worthy!
We have added a new 18" sterling silver trace chain. The chains are made in Italy, fully hallmarked and are high quality, they have an oxidised finish which gives an antiqued effect to the silver, perfect for wear with antique pendants.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.