A very pretty pair of antique Art & Crafts sterling silver pendant earrings made in a lovely Art Nouveau floral design that resemble poppies .
Hand wrought, each earring has a shiny embossed flower motif with black oxidised shadow-work in the recesses, tiny silver balls accent the centre of the flower heads. The patination creates a very attractive contrast which is characteristic of Arts and Crafts era jewellery designs. The flower elements are soldered onto silver rings on the reverse resulting in a reinforced pendant drop thats solid and sturdy. The earrings have shepherd hooks that are replacements, it is possible that they originally had screw backs.
The earrings measure 1-1/2" (3.5cm) tall with the round flower motifs 5/8" (2cm) in diameter and they weigh 4.6 grams in total. The flower drops aren't marked and we have acid tested to verify that they are sterling, the hooks are stamped '925'. The earrings are in excellent condition, please see the photos.
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.