A beautiful antique 18ct yellow gold 'knife edge' engagement ring dating to around 1910. The ring features a fine quality 1/2 carat old mine cut diamond.
The knife edge is a classic antique ring style that is bang on trend at present, it is designed to 'float" the diamond in a minimal setting giving light and life to the stone.
This ring displays a low profile from the side with the deep knife edge shoulders rising to reach the top of the stone. When viewed from above the minimalist setting directs all the attention to the star of the show, the exquisite bright white diamond that is gloriously eye clean for we see no inclusions.
The stone is held aloft in a regal eight claw rex or crown design mount. Despite its dainty simplicity this is a solid and sturdy ring and the design ensures long lasting wearability and durability with the diamond fully protected within the setting.
A timeless classic and an enduring beauty this is an antique solitaire ring that can be worn without the slightest concern and simply stunning when worn with a slim band of gold as a wedding set. It is equally at home as a dress ring and will shine when worn stacked with other beautiful antique rings
MATERIALS: 18 carat gold
GEMSTONE: One old European cut diamond - measured within the setting at a touch under 1/2 carat (4.43mm)
HALLMARKS: Stamped "18ct" inside band.
MEASUREMENTS: Ring size 4-3/4 (US) J (UK) 48-3/8 (EU) with sizing available for an additional fee. The ring is 4.85mm deep measured from the back of the stone to the front. The shoulders measured face on are 2.38mm wide which tapers to 1.73mm.
WEIGHT: 2.35 grams
DATE: Edwardian, circa 1910
CONDITION: Excellent, this ring has been very well cared for with only the gentlest signs of wear and age as to be expected.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.