Used on precious metal since the 14th century the British hallmark is a beautiful thing so why hide it on the inside? This fabulous large and heavy "Britannia" 958 silver ingot pendant was created in the royal celebration of the Queen's Jubilee in 1977. A great piece of original statement jewellery and an absolute classic of the era!
The ingot pendant is stamped with a full set of oversized hallmarks on the front including the Queen's head and it suspends from a heavy duty sterling silver Belcher chain that is 24"/61cm long. These ingot pendants were produced in both Britannia silver and sterling silver and they typically came in 1/2 ounce (15g) and 1 ounce (30g) sizes. Britannia silver is 95.8% silver so it is a slightly higher purity grade of silver than sterling which is 92.5% and this ingot is the full ounce - 30g size.
Silver ingot pendants are timeless due to their classic design and what better way to remember a valuable time in history!
MATERIALS: ingot 958 Britannia silver, chain 925 sterling silver,
HALLMARKS: the ingot is stamped on the front with a 'Rose' symbol for Sheffield, 'Britannia' symbol for 958 silver, date letter 'C' for 1977, 'Elizabeth II head' symbol (silver jubilee stamp), and makers mark 'RC' for Carrs of Sheffield. The chain is stamped 'star 620 AR' for Italy and '925'
WEIGHT: 35.5 grams total
MEASUREMENTS: ingot 2" (5cm) tall measured from the top of the bale, 5/8" (1.5cm) wide, 5.8mm thick. Chain 24" (61cm) long
DATE: dated 1977, Retro
CONDITION: in very good vintage condition with a lovely bright mirror polish. There is light surface wear and minor scratches as you would expect of any used vintage item. The assay hallmarks on the front are still lovely and sharp, a fabulous 1970's retro piece ready to be worn straight out the box!
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 958 Britannia Silver, 925 Sterling Silver.