This is a beautifully modeled antique Scottish silver brooch depicting Mary Queen of Scots.
The brooch features a central coin shaped portrait of Queen Mary surrounded by a beaded frame with the sides ornamented with thistles and fleur-de-lis. The decoration highly detailed right down to the Mary's floral patterned lace ruff. This is a solid good size brooch, superb quality with a the wonderful deep patina of antique silver. Highly unusual, an absolute beauty, Scottish in origin and we have never seen another piece quite like it!
MATERIALS: 925 sterling silver
DATE: Circa 1910 Arts and Crafts/Art Nouveau
HALLMARKS: Stamped 'STERLING' on the reverse with a makers mark that is difficult to read.
WEIGHT: 15.2 grams
SIZE: 2-1/2 inches wide and 1 inch deep (approx. 65x25mm)
CONDITION: Excellent condition, the brooch has a sturdy heavy duty pin back with a t-hinge and c-clasp.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique estate jewelry in our beautifully curated shop. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.