A massive, solidly constructed (not hollow) antique Austro Hungarian 950 silver brooch set with 8 large cabochon cut natural Bohemian garnets with a total carat weight of around 12 carats.
Renaissance style the booch dates to the Victorian era and is beautifully modeled with dove, laurel leaf and shell motifs. The garnets have a deep red rosy glow that provides a striking contrast bright white shine of the high purity silver.
A sturdy heavy duty pin back with a t-hinge and c-clasp completes this rare and desirable jewel from the Austro Hungarian Empire, just incredible!
MATERIALS: 950 silver, acid tested.
GEMSTONES: 8 cabochon cut Bohemian garnets, Presidium tested, 3 round and 5 oval measuring 1-1/2 ct each, ctw 12 carats.
MEASUREMENTS: 2-3/4" wide, 3" high (65x75mm)
WEIGHT: 42 grams
DATE: Mid-Victorian, grand period, 1856-1880.
HALLMARK: Difficult to decipher, it is stamped above the clasp with what looks like a Diana head in a flower shaped punch.
CONDITION: Offered in excellent condition with no cracked or chipped stones and the pin back in perfect working order and the catch holding securely.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.