A striking Scottish silver Jacobite style brooch by Robert Allison bearing desirable Edinburgh hallmarks for 1960.
Robert Allison specialised in creating traditional celtic jewellery between the years of 1941 - 1982 and his signed pieces are sought after and very collectible.
Super quality and solidly constructed the brooch is in the shape of a shield and features four particularly nice specimens of Scottish agates including banded agate, translucent and opaque moss agates and a rich red carnelian.
The agates are cabochon cut into nice glossy domes, collet set into the mount and accented with fancy claws. The mount features embossed stylised thistle motifs against an acid darkened background. Lovely detailing!
MATERIALS: Sterling Silver, Natural Scottish Agates
HALLMARKS: "Castle" for Edinburgh, Thistle for Scotland, date letter gothic "E" for 1960. Impressed "RA" for Robert Allison
WEIGHT: 18.2 grams
MEASUREMENTS: 1-3/4 inches diameter (approx. 45mm)
ERA: Mid Century, 1959-1960
CONDITION: Excellent with no flaws. The brooch has a heavy duty pin back and rolling safety catch.
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.