Dated 1886, an exquisite all original and extensively hallmarked antique solid 9ct gold "Albertina" fancy link pocket watch chain with its original matching spinner fob. The Albertina is the feminine version of the Albert watch chain and they tend to be finer and more decorative than the gents version.
This elegant English chain features trombone and love knot links in warm rosy gold and the large decorative fob is accented in matching links. The chain and fob are hallmarked on every conceivable part (every long chain link, both dog-clips, the T-bar and fob are stamped with matching hallmarks). Extensive hallmarking is always a sign of high quality watch chain and it indicates all components are original, so often these antique chains have been broken up, had parts added or otherwise modified.
The chain is 12" (30cm) long (end to end) it has a dog-clip at each end, and the T-bar and fob drop in the centre. The spinner fob follows the design of the chain and it has a bloodstone on one side and a carnelian on the other.
A superb watchchain with all the bells and whistles, top quality and in beautiful condition! We have more photos on our website at www.mercymadge.com
MATERIALS: 9ct gold throughout
GEMSTONES: natural carnelian & bloodstone, 16mm diameter
WEIGHT: 25.2 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped entire length of chain and on the 2 clips and T-bar with '9-375', 'anchor' & 'EWS' for Edward Whitehouse & Sons, Wyse St. Birmingham. Stamped on the fob '9-375', 'anchor', 'EWS' and date letter 'M' for 1886
MEASUREMENTS: length 12" (31cm) end to end, width 5mm. T-bar 33mm, clips 20x8.5mm, fob drop 1-1/2" (4cm)
ERA: Victorian, dated 1886
CONDITION: in excellent antique condition showing minimal light wear, clips in perfect order and no damage to the fob
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct gold, carnelian, bloodstone.