This beautiful antique Victorian fouled anchor pendant is far from being mass-produced, it is hand-crafted in warm old 9-carat rosy gold in a very pretty design with Aesthetic engraved flower motifs and twisted gold wire forming the rope that wraps around the centre.
Stamped with hallmarks for 1887 this delightfully feminine pendant is steeped in sentiment. Then, as now, the anchor symbolises hope and steadfastness, the fouled anchor entangled in its own rope represents the trials and tribulations of life. Little wonder that anchors were beloved jewellery motifs in the Victorian age.
The pendant is in very good antique condition, it is a hollow piece so there are a couple of minor dings but nothing untoward. The shape has kept beautifully, with all parts securely attached and it has a large sized heavy duty gold bale soldered to the top so you can happily wear her on your favourite gold chains.
A wonderful Victorian nautical jewel, oozing in sentiment, rich in history and timeless in style, perfect as a loving gift to yourself or someone special!
MATERIALS: 9ct gold throughout
HALLMARKS: stamped '9-375' for 9ct gold, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'gothic n' for 1887 and 'P.Bros' makers mark for Phelps Brothers
MEASUREMENTS: 1-1/2" (4cm) tall measured from the top of the bale to the bottom of the anchor, 7/8" (2.2cm) wide, 2.5mm deep. Bale 9mm diameter, 1.35mm thick
WEIGHT: 1.6 grams
DATE: Victorian, dated 1887
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE SHIPPING on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct Gold.