This lovely Victorian 9ct gold marquise brooch is set with an old mine-cut diamond in a bright cut "guiding star" setting on the front and it has a little locket compartment in the back to keep a lock of hair or other precious keepsake.
This brooch is beautifully crafted in bright yellow gold in a very attractive Etruscan revivalist design with intricate detailing and gold beads decorating the border. A pretty 9ct gold safety chain adds to the decorative appeal. The locket compartment in the back is unused and still has its original glass cover and yellow grosgrain ribbon liner.
The brooch comes in a wonderful antique fitted box that is covered in red and black basket weave paper and is printed "Sevenoaks, Goldsmiths & Jewellers Ltd. High St., Sevenoaks" inside the lid.
A beautiful piece of antique gold jewellery in a luxurious style and its a real treat to have the box for safekeeping too. Perfect for the lapel and equally at home on the cravat or equestrian stock, this elegant accent accessory is good for the gents or the ladies!
MATERIALS: 9ct yellow gold
GEMSTONE: Presidium tested diamond, very small measuring 1.25mm/0.01ct
HALLMARKS: stamped '9ct' and makers mark 'TH' on the back
MEASUREMENTS: 2" (5cm) across, 5/8" (2cm) tall
WEIGHT: 3.3 grams
DATE: circa 1880, Victorian
CONDITION: in very good antique condition with light age related wear, slight tarnish and a minor ding at the edge near the c-clasp. The metal pin is securely attached and in fine working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of distinctive and unique jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct gold, Diamond.