Not only does this beautiful antique Aesthetic era Victorian locket have a wonderful scalloped pie-crust, it is prettily engraved in different rose patterns on either side so you get two lockets in one!
Nice and deep it opens to reveal a photo compartment on one side along with the original picture frame, the other side has a deeper compartment originally designed to hold hairwork but you can use it to display another photo or keepsake.
The locket is made out of a gold tone metal, it has a silvered interior and it closes tightly with a firm click. It has a large heavy duty bale at the top so it will happily attach to a wide variety of chains and we have added a new Italian gold vermeil (gold plated sterling silver) mini Belcher chain for immediate wear.
This authentic Victorian locket will make a charming and affordable antique jewellery gift or a lovely little treat for yourself, ready to wear right out of the box.
MATERIALS: locket gold tone metal, chain gold plated sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: locket 1-1/2" (3.6cm) tall measured with the jump ring, 1" (2.3cm) wide, 9mm deep. Chain 18" (45cm)
DATE: circa 1880, Victorian
WEIGHT: 10 grams total
HALLMARKS: locket none, chain '925' for sterling and 'GP' for gold plated
CONDITION: The locket is very good condition with light surface wear and a little tarnish, as to be expected from a used antique piece. Please see the photos. It shuts tightly with a satisfying snap and it has a good strong hinge.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of quality antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Gold Tone Locket, Gold Plated Sterling Silver Chain.