Bearing very clear silver hallmarks for 1882 this wonderful Victorian Aesthetic engraved oval brooch has a glass locket compartment in the back to hold a photo, lock of hair or some other special keepsake. Incredibly the compartment has never been used and still has its original satin and paper liner as well as a pristine glass cover.
The front is decorated in a romantic pattern with a bird, cherry blossoms and forget-me-nots and the outer edge is adorned with silver beads. A sturdy pin back with a C-clasp completes this wonderful all original antique English silver brooch that looks to have never ever been worn!
MATERIALS: Sterling silver
SIZE: A touch off 2 inches across (47mm) and 1-1/4" (33mm) deep. The photo compartment measures 33x21mm
HALLMARKS: Lion passant for sterling, anchor for Birmingham, gothic letter 'h' for 1882 and makers mark 'S.Bros'
WEIGHT: 7.1 grams
DATE: 1880's Victorian
Each item in our shop is carefully hand selected by us, for you. The pieces of jewelry we offer are old treasures and we rarely find two identical, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may never find another!
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws and fine scratches are exaggerated and aren't visible to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discolored or dark areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive beautifully packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details can be found in our shop's shipping and returns section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan on items over £100. A 20% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.