This beautiful antique German silver book chain collar necklace is comprised of alternating smooth and Ivy leaf engraved pockets connected together on long slender oval rings. Designed to lie perfectly flat against your neck it has a large detachable bolt ring clasp in the centre that could be used to add an optional locket or pendant - this lady was an essential piece of Victorian kit!
Made of Nickel (German) Silver which is an old white metal alloy of copper, nickel and zinc (it contains no actual silver) the necklace is hard wearing and has a fabulous 'industrial chic' steely grey gleaming hue. Add a pendant or a locket or not, this distinctive necklace has presence however it is worn and despite being over 100 years old it still looks as stylish and fashionable today!
Pease note the locket shown is for illustration and available for separate purchase.
MATERIALS: German silver
ERA: Victorian, circa 1880
MEASUREMENTS: 17" long (43mm), 11mm wide, bolt ring measures 16mm diameter.
WEIGHT: 40 grams
CONDITION: in very good antique condition with light surface wear as expected, please see the photos. The chain links have free movement and the clasp is in good working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: German Silver.