A wonderful Victorian gold plated figural unicorn fob set with a uncarved bloodstone seal in the base. Once worn on a pocket watch chain this piece is now a unique pendant that you can wear daily and admire!
This handsome unicorn is well cast with realistic detailing, we love how expressive he is! He boasts a swivel dog-clip at the top so you can happily attach him to all manner of things.
In Europe unicorns have long since been associated chivalry and came to symbolise chastity and loyalty appearing frequently in heraldry. In Celtic mythology, the unicorn is a symbol of purity, innocence and power, and so became an obvious choice for Scotland’s royal coats of arms.
A unique and versatile addition to your antique jewellery collection!
MATERIALS: gold plated brass, bloodstone
MEASUREMENTS: approx. 2" (4.6cm) tall from the top of the dog-clip to the bottom of the fob. The fob itself measures 1-1/4" x 1" (3x2.5cm). Dog-clip 16x6mm, bloodstone 11mm diameter
DATE: Early Victorian, circa 1840
WEIGHT: 9.3 grams
CONDITION: in very good condition with light tarnish and surface wear. The bloodstone seal has a couple of minor flea bites, the clip is in good order closing securely.
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is carefully hand selected by us, for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Gold Plated Brass, Bloodstone.