A super quality Victorian 9ct gold and antique paste citrine spinner fob pendant in a nice large size and hallmarked for 1864. The 3-sided citrine is a glowing golden orange and beautifully cut with diamond shaped facets. The yellow gold open work bracket that holds the stone is decorated with a large daisy motif at the top flanked by tulip motifs and a row of gold beads accents the top.
In the Victorian language of flowers (known as floriography) the Daisy symbolises true love and Tulips represent undying passion, a gorgeous piece full of hidden meaning!
The pendant is in very, very good antique condition with light wear in keeping with age. The citrine is securely attached with no chips or cracks in the glass stone, there are a few slight nibbles to the facet edges under very close inspection. The hinged bracket frame is crafted in thick gold which results in a solid pendant that is nice and sturdy. It has a large size heavy gauge 9ct gold jump ring so you can attach it to a fairly thick chain if you wish (the chain shown is not included).
MATERIALS: 9 carat yellow gold.
GEMSTONE: paste (glass) citrine, measures 1" (2.6cm) wide and 3/4" (2cm) tall
MEASUREMENTS: pendant height 1-3/8" (3.5cm), jump ring 7.2mm diameter, 1.3mm thick
DATE: circa 1860's, Victorian
WEIGHT: 12 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped '9-375' for 9ct gold, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'P' for 1864 on one side of the bracket hinge, stamped with a makers mark that looks like a "S&I" on the other
At Mercy Madge we offer antique and vintage jewellery that is special and each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken in extreme close-up to show you every tiny detail. Any blemishes are greatly magnified and typically they aren’t noticeable to the naked eye. Reflections caused by our bright lighting can cast to dark spots and discoloured areas that don't exist in real life.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway, please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: 9ct gold, Paste Citrine.