A beautiful original Victorian period 9ct rose gold opal ring. The opal is a beauty with a gorgeous play of colour: pinks and blues and a red flash of fire. It is helped along by the high claws that help lots of light to flood behind the translucent stone adding to the ethereal glow.
The opal is mounted in an extremely attractive scalloped buttercup setting with fluted shoulders and carved gold decoration that sweeps around the sides. Dating to the early to mid Victorian era this is a romantic and very feminine antique ring, dainty with lovely old world workmanship and charm, just a joy!
MATERIALS: 9ct rose gold, acid tested
GEMSTONE: natural opal measuring approx. 5mm diamter
SIZE: Size US 5.5/UK K-1/2 /EU 50-1/4
WEIGHT: 1.6 grams
DATE: circa 1840
CONDITION: In very very good antique condition showing just the gentlest signs of age and wear and the opal free of flaws.
- We offer an interest free layaway plan. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured your purchase will arrive professionally packaged in a custom Mercy Madge box, perfect for gift giving and safekeeping!
- We offer a no risk money back guarantee, details and return procedures can be found in our shop policy section.
- Our international and domestic shipping is free and includes tracking for your peace of mind. Optional express shipping upgrades are available in the cart should you require that option.