What a magnificent find! This antique Scottish agate glove button hook is like nothing we've seen before. Rich in Victorian whimsy the hook is formed as an eagle or grouse claw holding a rich orangery red carnelian stone carved into a perfect orb.
Wonderfully gothic, the hook is made from strong durable steel with realistic detailing. It has a beautiful burnished patina and it remains in splendid condition with no damage. Highly collectible this rare button hook is full of Scottish charm and would make a unique gift!
We are including a vintage split ring just in case you want to wear this hook as a pendant, the ring will fit around the "wrist" part so you can simply tuck a chain underneath.
GEMSTONE: Presidium tested carnelian, 15mm diameter
MEASUREMENTS: 3-3/4" long (9.3cm)
WEIGHT: 11.9 grams
DATE: Circa 1880, Victorian
At Mercy Madge we offer distinctive and unique antique and vintage jewelry in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is hand selected by us for you. We rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- DISCOUNT, find special discount and no sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique jewels:
Materials: Steel, Scottish Carnelian.