A superb quality English Victorian sterling silver Albert watch chain necklace with a gold and silver pendant fob hallmarked for 1897.
The perfect necklace length at 18" this fabulous antique chain has thick curb links and a heavy duty dog-clip fastener. A wonderful two sided Scottish fob pendant suspends from the centre of the chain. The fob is intricately engraved in a cut-out design. One side is completely silver and is decorated in the Scottish lion rampant, a Saltire (St Andrews) and thistles. The reverse has a 9ct gold overlay shield engraved "W.Keir" and gold ribbons engraved "E.C.C" and "1897" with thistles and a cross in silver.
A gorgeous antique necklace and a versatile addition to any antique jewellery collection.
MATERIALS: sterling silver, 9ct gold
MEASUREMENTS: 18" (46cm) necklace length end to end, pendant/fob 2" (5cm) tall with bale, 1-1/4" (3cm) wide. Chain links approx 7.5x5mm and 1.5mm thick, clip 1" (2.5cm) length
WEIGHT: 41 grams
HALLMARKS: chain stamped 'lion passant' on end rings, clip stamped 'sterling', fob stamped 'lion passant' for sterling, 'anchor' for Birmingham, date letter 'X' for 1897 and a worn makers mark
ERA: Victorian circa 1890
CONDITION: in very, very good condition, beautifully polished with light surface wear as expected in an antique piece. We have more photos on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, 9ct Gold.