A beautiful antique sterling silver figural Scottish claymore sword brooch in miniature!
The brooch is set with an glowing orb of purple amethyst inside the basket hilt and slices of red & green agate along the blade. The colours and texture of the stones evoke the wild and craggy landscape of the Scottish Highlands perfectly.
The brooch is an adorable tiny size, one of the smallest Scottish sword brooches we have seen! Super quality with it's detailed engraving it has a sturdy pin back with a c-clasp and remains in lovely condition.
A charming piece of sterling silver Victorian Scottish pebble jewellery that is good for the gents or the ladies, fabulous worn as a tie pin!
Gemstone set Scottish sword & dagger brooches were very fashionable in the 1870's at the height of the "Scottish Pebble" craze that occurred after Queen Victoria purchased Balmoral Castle in Scotland. She set a fashion trend for Scottish jewellery which became highly collectable and it still remains that way today!
MATERIALS: sterling silver
GEMSTONES: Presidium tested, amethyst, green agate (bloodstone), red agate (jasper)
DATE: Victorian, circa 1890
MEASUREMENTS: 1-5/8" long (4cm)
WEIGHT: 2.9 grams
HALLMARKS: stamped 'sterling' and a worn makers mark 'J.C & ?' on the back
CONDITION: in excellent antique condition with expected light surface wear, no chips or cracks in the agates, just the natural inclusions you'd expect to see. The pin back is in perfect working order fastening securely. Please see the photos.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone and you may not find another!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique cases in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Agates, Amethyst.