An impressive heavy duty Victorian sterling silver Albert watch chain. The chain is stamped with the British lion passant for sterling silver on every curb link with matching 1893 hallmarks on the t-bar and dog-clip. Extensive hallmarking is always a sign of high quality in antique chains and matching hallmarks tell us the components are original to the chain.
The chain has solid curb links that are graduated and it benefits from a nice long drop attached to an antique 1876 Masonic silver fob with the compass and square symbol. This chain is the perfect length to wrap around the wrist twice to wear as a bracelet too!
A beautiful top quality solid silver watch chain in outstanding antique condition with minimal surface wear and beautifully polished. The collectible fob is the icing on the cake, this is an antique piece of jewellery that you will treasure and will want to wear forever!
MATERIALS: sterling silver throughout
MEASUREMENTS: end to end 14-1/2 inches (37cm) fob not included, it measures 12-1/2" (31cm) from the clip to the t-bar. The drop length is 3-1/4" (8cm). The curb links graduate in size from approx. 10x8mm to 7x5mm. T-bar 1-1/2" (4cm), dog-clip 23x8mm, fob 1" (2.5cm) diameter
HALLMARKS: Lion passant stamped on every curb link, t-bar & dog-clip stamped lion passant, date letter 't' for 1893 and makers mark 'J.S*' Fob stamped lion passant, anchor for Birmingham, date letter 'b' for 1876 and makers mark 'J.C'
WEIGHT: 48.8 grams
CONDITION: excellent throughout, the dog clip is in perfect working order and fastens securely.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over £125/$150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver.