This beautiful antique sterling silver book chain collar necklace has unusual bow shaped links with every alternate link engraved in a pretty floral design.
Designed to lie perfectly flat against your neck it has a large detachable bolt ring clasp in the centre that can be used to add an optional locket or pendant - this lady was an essential piece of Victorian kit!
A statement of femininity the book chain has enough decorative appeal to wear it on its own as a stand alone piece and despite being 150 years old it still looks as stylish and fashionable today! Please note the locket shown is for display only.
MATERIALS: sterling silver, acid tested
ERA: Victorian, circa 1880
MEASUREMENTS: 16-1/4" (41cm) long, 1/2 (1.5cm) wide. The bolt ring measures 14mm.
WEIGHT: 27 grams
CONDITION: In very good antique condition with expected signs of age and light tarnish. No flaws noted and the chain links have free movement with the clasp in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with tracking and insurance.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in our Mercy Madge custom made jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: sterling silver.