This beautiful early Charles Horner engraved sterling silver cuff bracelet is impressed with a full set of desirable Chester hallmarks along with along with the coveted young Queen Victoria head stamp.
Dated for 1855, English Chester silver is particularly sought after, the assay office closed in 1962.
Crafted on the round the bracelet is impressively wide and engraved and etched all the way around in an Acanthus scroll and Fern pattern. The silver is heavy gauge, not thin and tinny so it has withstood the test of time very well and is in beautiful antique condition.
The bracelet has a hinge three quarters of the way around and a solid hidden clip clasp. The sturdy hinge and clasp are in perfect working order and it closes very securely. Beautiful workmanship and heavy it is the super quality that you'd expect with this good maker.
In Victorian times these lovely feminine bracelets were often given as a romantic bridal gift, a fabulously decorative antique gem, a gorgeous piece and heirloom worthy! .
MATERIALS: Sterling silver
MEASUREMENTS: The bracelet measures a tad over 1-1/8" wide (approx. 30mm) and has an outside circumference of 7 1/2" (19cm).
HALLMARKS: Stamped inside front, date letter gothic 'R' for 1855, 3 wheat sheaves for Chester, lion passant for sterling silver, the Victoria head punch, and CH for Charles Horner. Also stamped inside the back with the date letter and lion passant.
WEIGHT: 41.3 grams
DATE: 1855, Victorian
CONDITION: In excellent antique condition with expected signs of wear and age and slight surface scratches to the inside. The hinge is heavy duty and the clasp is in perfect working order fastening securely with a satisfying snap. It should be noted that dark areas on the bracelet are caused by shadows due to lighting and microscopic scratches not normally seen are visible in the photos because we use a close up macro camera lens.
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking. Global Express shipping is available if required, simply upgrade your shipping method at check out.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
FOLLOW US for our latest products: