Fabulous 1930s Art Deco era Egyptian sterling silver filigree pendant necklace set with a deep dark red coral cabochon in the centre.
This artistic pendant is beautifully hand-crafted, the filigree work is incredibly intricate with twisted wirework, bead rosettes, lozenge shaped motifs and the coral mounted in a fluted setting. The pendant suspends from an old silver chain with a torpedo clasp that looks to be original to the pendant.
MATERIALS: sterling silver
GEMSTONE: coral, measuring approx. 12x9mm
MEASUREMENTS: pendant stands 2" (5cm) tall including the bale and 1-1/4" (3.2cm) wide. The chain is 16-1/4" (42cm) long
MARKS: none, acid tested and verified sterling
WEIGHT: 9.4 grams
DATE: circa 1930, Art Deco
CONDITION: in very, very good condition with light surface wear in keeping with age, please see the photos. There is no obvious damage to the silver filigree work. There is a natural oxidised patina on the surface of the silver, which is normal and and adds a lovely depth to the design. The chain has no broken links and the torpedo clasp is in perfect working order.
At Mercy Madge we offer a carefully curated collection of antique and vintage jewellery. Each piece is hand selected with you in mind and we rarely come across two identical old treasures, once they are gone, they are truly gone!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only, and are not included in the purchase. However, do rest assured all pieces will arrive gift wrapped in one of our custom Mercy Madge jewellery boxes.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog
Materials: Sterling Silver, Coral.