An all original 1940s fouled anchor sterling silver patriotic pin made by Vanguard, New York, USA.
A very sweet little brooch that is equally at home worn on the tie or lapel it has a pale gold wash over the silver and shows no sign of ever being worn.
A lovely example of patriotic World War II sweetheart jewellery. This dainty pin measures 1-1/4" (3cm) tall and 5/8" (2.2cm) wide and weighs 3.3 grams. Stamped 'Vanguard N.Y. Sterling' on the back and it is in excellent condition with the pin back in perfect working order. Very collectable!
At Mercy Madge we sell only antique and genuine vintage jewellery in our carefully curated shop. Each piece is hand selected by us, which means we only ever have one of each. Our pieces of jewellery are old treasures, once gone they are truly gone, and you may never find another!
- FREE DELIVERY on all orders worldwide. All orders are despatched next business day and sent with full tracking.
- RETURNS, you can return your item for a refund for any reason. Just get in touch within 3 days of receiving your order if you wish to do so.
- Unless otherwise stated any antique boxes in our photos are for display only and are not included in purchase. However, do rest assured all items will arrive gift wrapped in a custom Mercy Madge jewellery presentation box.
- Our photographs are taken with a magnified macro lens to show you every tiny detail, flaws are exaggerated and aren't as noticeable to the naked eye, similarly shadows caused by studio lighting can give rise to discoloured areas that don't exist.
- We offer a free layaway plan on any item over $150. A 25% deposit will secure and reserve the item for you with the balance due in 60 days. If you would like to place an item on layaway please send us a message and we will assist in setting this up for you.
- DISCOUNT, find special discounts and no added sales tax on our website at www.mercymadge.com
FOLLOW US for our latest antique and vintage fine jewellery:
Read our blog at https://mercymadge.com/blogs/blog